7 Axis Robotic Control Built Into 3-in-1 Controller
SANMOTION has developed and
launched a high-performance, compact
SANMOTION C S500 series motion
controller that adds control for 7-axes
Communication cycle times and the number of controllable axis have been
improved for superior equipment design.
Strengthened network functions are also included for IIoT applications. Paired with the new space saving, light-weight, compact design, the S500 was developed for sophisticated equipment motion control systems that integrate robotics.
Motion Control Functionality and Product Lineup
SMC520: High-end model (New Product Release)
- New High speed filling machine, robot cooperative control
- Insertion machine, conveyor tracking, 7-axis articulated robot
- Winding machine, transportation, assembly robot
PLC and I/O Integration and Incorporation
1. Abundant Robot Control Functions
This motion controller can control industry-leading(1) 15 robot configurations, including complex 7-axis articulated robots. Functions such as trajectory control and interpolated operation can be done with ease, contributing to the in-house robot motion planning.
2. Assists in Making Systems IIoT-ready
This motion controller can connect to a variety of open networks such as EtherCAT, Modbus TCP, and OPC UA. It can contribute to making factories automated and IIoT-ready by sharing information between devices in a network in real time.
3. Reduces Development Time
This motion controller can integrate robot control and machine control development environments into one. This makes it possible to simulate the motion of the entire system in a single development environment, greatly reducing the maintenance and development time of machines.
4. Space-Saving of Equipment
The product volume has been reduced by approximately 60% compared to our current model, the S100.(2) This allows it to be installed in a limited space, helping to shrink your system layout.
5. High-Speed Control of Multiple Axes
This motion controller can control a maximum of 64 motor axes with cycle time of up to 1 ms.
6. Control over Multiple Robots
This motion controller can control multiple robots simultaneously, allowing different types of robots, e.g. assembly and sorting robots, to be controlled with a single unit.
(1) Based on our own research as of November 30, 2021, conducted among digital I/O controllers that integrate sequence, motion, and robot control in one unit.
(2) Comparison with our existing SANMOTION C SMC263X and SMC265X.
Find Out More Now about the New S500 3-in-1 Motion Controller!